X-Cafe Music Club
When I first came to the X-Cafe music club, it was more like an amateur concert party: even the organizers never knew till the last moment who’d be playing on the evening. The atmosphere in the Cafe was very cosy and family-like, but the musicians couldn’t be called professional either, and this had to change. So we started putting a lot more effort into rehearsals, while keeping the gigs as accessible and impromptu as possible.
- To prove that a music venue can be run on an admission-free basis.
- To show people it is possible to have fun without taking alcohol.
- To provide our visitors with an opportunity to communicate with each other and with musicians.
- Together with my friends, we introduced the Club’s specialty — the opportunity to interview musicians right during the gig.
- For several years, I was the Club’s host and art director.
- Created and supported the Club’s website.
- The X-Cafe’s been running for 5 years.
- Both musicians and visitors were thrilled by the unique atmosphere of the Club.